NCSS Institutes and Webinars
This webinar is designed for faculty or program coordinators charged with preparing NCSS/CAEP SPA Reports for national recognition and program approval. This training will be especially beneficial to individuals who are responsible for teaching social studies methods courses, supervising social studies interns in the field, developing and administering assessments, and analyzing and interpreting data for social studies programs.
August 7, 2018 - 8:30am to 5:30pm
Join us in a one day, hands-on training, in which you will:
- Investigate the history of Greek trireme technology and its impact on society, culture, politics and economics, as well as explore the influence these same factors had on the technology itself.
- Learn about ancient naval warfare from a professional Historian, gain access to free IDM resources including primary and secondary source materials, and participate in a hands-on activity with guidance and insight from a world history teacher.
- Leave with an action plan in hand, which will empower you to incorporate the history of technology, and its social context, in your classroom.
Stevens Institute of Technology
1 Castle Point Terrace
Hoboken, NJ 07030
September 9, 2018 to October 21, 2018
In this course you will:
- Design four compelling questions to help address divisions in American society;
- Apply disciplinary tools to analyze those questions;
- Evaluate and select sources relevant to the questions;
- Craft four lessons to engage students in open dialogue to understand and take informed action when differences may arise.
- Reflect upon the value of teacher/student questions and the challenges and possibilities of students taking informed action to improve society.