The 2019 NCSS/NCGE/TCSS Conference is a great investment in your career, yet we know that school budgets can be tight. We strive to make our professional development opportunities not only the best and most comprehensive, but also the most cost effective. Here are some suggestions to help you secure funding and save money:
- First-Time Attendee Scholarship. NCSS is pleased to offer a limited number of conference registration scholarships to teachers who have never attended the Annual Conference due to a lack of financial support. Texas, Arkansas, Louisiana, New Mexico, and Oklahoma educators who meet the qualifications are encouraged to apply.
- Join an NCSS committee. Districts will often see participation in association governance as a positive indicator of your commitment to the betterment of the social studies profession. This may improve your chances of securing funding.
- Check to see if there are professional development funds available with your school or school district. Attending an educational national conference often qualifies as professional development training for which your school or district may budget.
- Use literacy in your request to attend. The conference will feature many sessions designed to help districts, schools, and teachers use social studies content to improve literacy.
- Become an NCSS Member. Membership rates start at just $72 for a full year, and the benefits extend beyond the conference.
- Ask your school to purchase an institutional membership. Receive one full conference registration free!
- Take Advantage of Travel Discounts. Use NCSS negotiated exclusive discounted rates for several area hotels and air travel.
- Register for a day. One-day registration rates are available. If you are unable to leave because of classroom obligations, try registering for the weekend.
- Register with others. No institutional membership for your school? Encourage three or more colleagues to attend with you and get a discounted group registration rate!