To date, the Young Patriots Essay Contest has awarded $49,000 in scholarships to students around the nation. The Young Patriots Essay Contest is designed to challenge middle and high school students to creatively engage with public policy and current events through the art of writing. The topic for the 2016-2017 scholarship essay contest is:
“Are international free trade agreements in the best interest of the United States? Why or why not?”
Contest participants have the opportunity to:
• Earn a college scholarship of up to $5,000.
• Have your essay published on Debate Central.
• See your essay posted on the National Center for Policy Analysis (NCPA) home page.
• Have your essay shared with 200,000 NCPA Policy Patriots via email.
• Have your winning entry be sent to your hometown newspapers, radio and TV.
Entry requirements, required reading, and additional information can be found at: http://debate-central.ncpa.org/yp-17.
All essays must be submitted by Sunday, January 3, 2017