This article is a free PDF. See other Constitution lessons listed in the Table of Contents of that issue. Get access to them all by becoming a member of NCSS.
Resolution and Letter to Congress from the Constitutional Convention-Lee Ann Potter Social Education, September 2005,
The First Act of Congress-Lee Ann Potter Social Education (Nov/Dec 2004).
Lesson Plans on the Constitution-Stacie Fieth and Neil Deason Social Education, September 2005.
- Private v. Public Rights (High School)
- It’s My Right (Middle Grades)
- No Time for Teas (Elementary Grades 35)
Teaching with Documents
The First Page of the Official Journal of the Constitutional Convention—Just the Tip of a Records Iceberg!Lee Ann Potter, Social Education, September 2012
Other Online Resources
- American Bar Association
- Bill of Rights Institute
- Center for Civic Education
- Constitutional Rights Foundation
- EdSitement-National Endowment for the Humanities
- National Archives Foundation Docs Teach
- National Constitution Center
- First Amendment Center
The Constitutional Amendment Process-Kahlil Chism Social Education (Nov/Dec 2005).
The Words We Live By: The Constitution in Context-Linda Monk Social Education (Nov/Dec 2003).