The online newsletter TSSP strives to provide a variety of announcements and information to serve NCSS members. We cannot guarantee the inclusion of all unpaid announcements. Inclusion of announcements is determined by the editors, who consider numerous factors (e.g., target audience and subject matter) in selecting items.
Announcements and other related materials intended for publication in TSSP in general or a specific section (e.g., Teaching Resources; Professional Development--Our Colleagues; Awards, Grants, & Contests; and TV Plus) should be sent directly to the editor.
Read about advertising with the online TSSP Newsletter (sent to our members via MailChimp since July/August 2016) at www.socialstudies.org/advertising.
Announcements should include, as appropriate:
- Text in an editable form, so that we may edit it.
- A brief description of the web-resource, book, video, award, competition, conference, or meeting, etc., and URL where readers can find more info.
- Costs or grants/scholarships available.
- Submission deadline and/or address for submission materials.
- Complete contact information (including contact persons), mailing address, phone number, fax number, and e-mail address.
Announcements must be timely—it should be likely that NCSS members will read your announcement in advance of the dates listed in it.
Members of NCSS receive an email message (via MailChimp) containing the new newsletter, which can then be found and enjoyed (by any reader) at www.socialstudies.org/publications/tssp.
Send your announcement to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.
Steve Lapham, TSSP Editor
(phone) 301-588-1800, ext. 119
National Council for the Social Studies
8555 Sixteenth Street, Suite 500
Silver Spring, MD 20910