National Council for the Social Studies has an excellent opportunity for a Digital Marketing Manager. You will use your creative marketing skills to help grow the organization working in a positive, professional environment. Come join our team!
This position will be responsible for maximizing membership recruitment, retention, and engagement through the successful formation and execution of digital communications and marketing strategies for NCSS, Rho Kappa National Social Studies Honor Society, and the NCSS Annual Conference. This position will also lead the production of digital communications resources to support NCSS, Rho Kappa, NCSS Publications, website management, social media, and NCSS branding in connection with the Director of Marketing and Membership.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop, write, and edit content to support NCSS and Rho Kappa’s strategic priorities to grow membership acquisition, retention, and member engagement, including e-newsletters, web copy, e-books, white papers, and webinars as assigned.
- Assist with the creation of Annual Conference marketing, the NCSS advertising media kit, advocacy toolkit, the annual report, awards, and council communications.
- Create and curate online content from NCSS members and guest writers with the Direc-tor of Publications and Resources and/or Director of Marketing and Membership, to in-crease instructional resources for classroom/online professional learning use.
- Identify and manage digital content creators (e.g. bloggers, podcasters, video-makers) selected from among NCSS and Rho Kappa membership, and other subject matter ex-perts, to increase online professional learning resources.
- Create videos, photos, and audio to support content development.
- Build a digital library of assets for repurposing content.
- Assist the Director of Marketing and Membership with execution of digital social media strategies for general NCSS and Rho Kappa.
- Create and edit content for the NCSS and Rho Kappa web pages and maintain content accuracy and consistency, including correcting discrepancies in layout, language, or for-matting.
- Develop NCSS press releases and maintain the NCSS online Press Room.
- Serve as co-editor of NCSS and Rho Kappa e-newsletters (with the Director of Market-ing and Membership).
- Provide reports and dashboards of basic analytics for the following platforms: Google Analytics, MailChimp, Twitter Analytics, Facebook Insights, YouTube Analytics, and oth-er social media or web assets as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing, Advertising, Business or related field.
- 2-3 years of experience in Marketing, Digital Media, Advertising, Communications, or Public Relations.
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills; strong organizational and analytical skills; strong attention to details.
- Work experience with social media marketing strategies, tools (such as Hootsuite, etc.) and measurements, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and LinkedIn.
- Ability to multi-task, work independently and efficiently under deadlines.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and knowledge of website management/editing.
- Knowledge of automated office systems, general office policies and procedures, and fil-ing systems.
- Knowledge of education, social studies, or professional membership associations a plus.
- Must provide three (3) content writing samples.
- Experience with Hubspot and HTML is helpful.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, résumé, writing samples, and contact information for three (3) current professional references. Include “Digital Marketing Manager” in the subject line. No phone calls, please.
NCSS has a full range of benefits including health, life, 403(b) pension plan, generous leave and free parking. This position is based in Silver Spring, MD and is close to Metro and the MARC train Brunswick line. The salary for this position is $50,000-$55,000.
Priority given to applications received by Friday, March 29, 2019. Submissions will be reviewed by our hiring team and candidates who are selected for further screening will be contacted.