Join more than 13,000 educators who have come together to strengthen their social studies careers and social studies programs in the schools!
All NCSS members receive a subscription to one of our acclaimed journals and can access the large online collection of current and back-issue articles. (Nonmembers can search on topics and see titles.) NCSS members also receive substantial discounts on all publications and merchandise from our catalog. See summaries of benefits by grade level. Scroll down to see options for institutions.
"NCSS has been the most incredible, re-energizing aspect of my career!"
- High School Teacher and NCSS Member, Colorado Springs, Colorado
Students & Beginning Teachers* $42
* first 3 years of teaching
- Includes your choice of journal: Social Education or Social Studies & the Young Learner
- (You can have both for an additional charge!)
- NCSS Member newsletter TSSP by email 8 times per year.
- Discounted registration fo NCSS Annual Conference
- Discounted registration to professional development workshops and webinars, including access to NCSS member exclusive programs.
- Connect with colleagues with similar job related specialties through the NCSS Associated Groups
- Exclusive Online Resources
- Group Insurance Discounts
Students & Beginning Teachers* $53
* first 3 years of teaching
Includes all the benefits of Regular Membership plus
- NCSS Bulletins
- In-depth publications in book form, bulletins focus on specific disciplines within social studies disciplines and pedagogy (such as service learning, teaching history in the middle grades, or teaching social studies to ESL students). Comprehensive members receive the annual NCSS Bulletin as part of their membership.
- Exclusive Comprehensive Member Webinars, free to comprehensive members!
Still not sure? Get more details on the benefits of NCSS membership.
$43 Available to retired persons. Includes the benefits of regular membership.
Provides access to NCSS online publications (PDF copies of NCSS journals, TSSP newsletter, Middle Level Learning, and U.S. History Collection). Available only to individuals living outside the United States. No paper publications are received, and no additional mailing charges apply.
Institutional Membership for K-12 Schools
Institutional Members may designate up to three individuals who are eligible for NCSS member discounts (to the Annual Conference; on the price of books and bulletins; on special offers) and access to online benefits (such as the online Publications Archive; the Connected teachers network; TSSP newsletter; Middle Level Learning; and the U.S. History Collection)
Join by Mail or Fax
Stand-alone subscriptions to NCSS journals are available to institutions such as college and university libraries, nonprofit organizations, and schools.