Who may apply for a 2018 scholarship?
The intent of the scholarship is to enable teachers from diverse ethnic groups and/or who teach in high-poverty schools (and have never attended an NCSS conference) to take advantage of this premier professional development opportunity.
Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- first time attendee at an NCSS conference
- full-time preK-12 school teacher from Illinois, Wisconsin, Iowa, Indiana, Michigan or Missouri, supported by the school administrator in the desire to attend the conference
Priority will be given to applicants who:
- have a diverse background and/or experience
- are in their first five years of teaching
- are working in a high-poverty school
If your district has committed to fund your registration, please do NOT apply for a First Timer Scholarship.