The National Council for the Social Studies ("NCSS") is now accepting proposed resolutions for the 63rd House of Delegates Assembly, to be held at the 2020 NCSS Annual Conference in Washington, D.C.. The House of Delegates ("HOD") meeting serves as the official annual business meeting of the NCSS membership, and is composed of representatives of NCSS Affiliated Councils, Associated Groups, and Special Interest Communities.
Resolutions are the vehicle through which NCSS members can bring issues before the HOD for debate and vote. Resolutions approved by the HOD are brought to the NCSS Board of Directors for approval and action. We welcome proposed resolutions based on the submission guidelines for the following categories:
- current or future business operations of NCSS;
- the nature of social studies education;
- issues in the fields of history and social science inquiry;
- social and political issues which are of concern to social studies educators but do not have a direct impact on the nature of social studies education; and
- courtesy and commendation.
We also invite all sponsors to include any resources to raise the profile and impact of your proposed resolution. If you are submitting a resolution on behalf of your group, please remember to get approval from your board or leaders (as appropriate) on any proposed resolution prior to submission.
The deadline for submitting resolutions for the 64th House of Delegates Assembly is August 31, 2020.
- Webinar: "All About Resolutions"
In this 33-minute webinar, Dr. Megan List, 2019 NCSS House of Delegates Resolutions Committee Chair, walks you through the process to create and submit a proposed resolution to our upcoming House of Delegates assembly at #NCSS19 in Austin.
- Resolutions Writing Guidance (slides presented during the “All About Resolutions” webinar)
- 2019 Resolutions Timeline (major deadlines and meetings for the 2019 resolutions period)
- 2018 NCSS House of Delegates Resolutions
- House of Delegates Resolutions 2003-2018