The Wahama High School chapter of Rho Kappa led by chapter advisor Catherine Hamm is wrapping up an active 2017-2018 school year! Some of their activities included...
- Announcing "This Day in History" over the school intercom.
- Organized the school 9/11 assembly and Veterans Day assembly. Conducted the assemblies, provided poetry and reflective readings. For the 9/11 assembly the county emergency management director attended, who had been a first responder at both the Oklahoma City bombing and the 9/11 attack. For Veterans Day, the local VFW Stewart Johnson Post 9926 presented a ceremony on flag etiquette and patriotism.
- Decorated the school for Veterans Day and provided a reception for the honored veterans attending.
- Raised more than $600 for scholarships to be given to chapter seniors.
- Researched, wrote a scrip, filmed, and starred in a Youtube video highlighting historical places throughout the county. The video was 45 minutes long. Chapter president, Isaiah Pauley did all of the editing and final production of the video.
- Conducted an essay contest for the junior high students and 5-6 grade students from the elementary school that feeds into Wahama High School. Two winners were selected and awarded $50 each.