NCSS welcomes manuscripts from members interested in publishing in one of our periodicals—Social Education, Middle Level Learning, or Social Studies and the Young Learner.
We are looking for substantive articles and lesson plans in any of the social studies disciplines.
Some topics that might be especially interesting are:
- My Favorite Lesson Plan
- My Best Day as a Social Studies Teacher
- How I Teach My Students Civil Discourse
- The Best Civic Engagement Initiative My Students Took
- Finding Time to Make Formative Assessments
- Fostering a Global Mindset
- Teaching about Climate Change
- Social-Emotional Learning
- Teaching Social Studies to English Language Learners
- Promoting Cultural Inclusion
- Teaching Students with Exceptionalities
NCSS is also very committed to advocacy for the social studies. We welcome articles on any form of advocacy in which you have engaged. Some examples might be:
- Student service-learning projects as a means of promoting the value of social studies.
- Advocacy of social studies to school and district administrators, school boards, or state or national legislators.
We also welcome good manuscripts on any other social studies topic! For more details (including the preferred length of manuscripts and procedures for submitting them), see https://www.socialstudies.org/publications/howtosubmit