National Council for the Social Studies has an excellent opportunity for a Digital Marketing Manager. You will use your creative marketing skills to help grow the organization working in a positive, professional environment. Come join our team!
This position will be responsible for maintaining and maximizing membership recruitment, retention, and engagement through the successful formation and execution of digital marketing, communications, and sales efforts. Responsibilities will include the implementation of integrated marketing strategies and promotional campaigns across all product lines within the organization. This position will assist in the production of Rho Kappa National Social Studies Honor Society management, membership services, Annual Conference development, publications, website management, social media and brand advertising. This position also serves as a resource to other NCSS departments, and handles additional duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Digital Content Creation
- Support NCSS’s strategic priorities through print and digital membership acquisition, retention, and engagement marketing campaigns by developing, writing, and editing content.
- Plan, create, and curate online content from NCSS members and guest writers with the Director of Publications and Resources and/or Director of Marketing and Membership, to increase instructional resources for classroom/online professional learning use.
- Create professional learning content for NCSS and Rho Kappa members, including e-newsletters, web copy, e-books, white papers, and webinars as assigned.
- Assist with the creation of Annual Conference marketing and general NCSS advertising media kit.
- Identify and manage digital content creators (e.g. bloggers, podcasters, video-makers) selected from among NCSS and Rho Kappa membership, and other subject matter experts, to increase online professional learning resources.
- Monitor and create professional learning content around topics relevant to NCSS membership to promote brand engagement.
- Provide creative support when needed, selecting videos, photos, audio to support content development.
- Build a digital library of assets for repurposing content.
Digital and Social Media
- Assist the Director of Marketing and Membership with execution of digital social media strategies for general NCSS programs and services, with a special focus on Rho Kappa and the Annual Conference.
- Coordinate, distribute and regularly post content and promotional messages to social media outlets including, but not limited to, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, and Instagram, etc. for NCSS, Rho Kappa and the Annual Conference.
- Create and update content for the NCSS and Rho Kappa web pages and suggest areas of improvement, edit for content accuracy and consistency, including discrepancies in layout, language, or formatting.
- Serve as an NCSS media contact by developing and issuing NCSS press releases and communications in print and digital media with the assistance of the Director of Marketing and Membership.
- Maintain an online NCSS Press Room.
- Perform content editing and copy editing of articles, including fact-checking, revising, rewriting, and abridging NCSS and Rho Kappa content as assigned.
- Serve as co-editor of NCSS and Rho Kappa e-newsletters (with the Director of Marketing and Membership) and solicit, select, and edit e-newsletter content; write e-newsletter content features as needed; and advise staff and external contributors regarding submissions.
- Plan and curate the NCSS Annual Report with the Director of Marketing and Membership.
- Maintain and update an online advocacy toolkit for NCSS members.
- Provide reports and dashboards of basic analytics for the following platforms: Google Analytics, MailChimp, Twitter Analytics, Facebook Insights, YouTube Analytics, and other social media or web assets as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing, Advertising, Business or related field.
- Minimum 1-3 years of experience in Marketing, Digital Media, Advertising, Communications, or Public Relations.
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills; strong organizational and analytical skills; strong attention to details.
- Work experience with social media marketing strategies, tools (such as Hootsuite, etc.) and measurements, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and LinkedIn.
- Ability to multi-task, work independently and efficiently under deadlines.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and knowledge of website management/editing.
- Knowledge of automated office systems, general office policies and procedures, and filing systems.
- Knowledge of education, social studies, or professional membership associations a plus.
- In order for your resume to be considered, you must provide two (2) content writing samples with your resume.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, résumé, writing samples, and contact information for three (3) current professional references. Include “Digital Marketing Manager” in the subject line. No phone calls, please.
NCSS has a full range of benefits including health, life, 403(b) pension plan, generous leave and free parking. This position is based in Silver Spring, MD and is close to Metro and the MARC train Brunswick line. The salary for this position is $45,000-$60,000.
Deadline: Priority given to applications received by Monday, December 17, 2018. Submissions will be reviewed by our hiring team and candidates who are selected for further screening will be contacted.