NCSS is seeking a Membership Associate to join our team. This position provides essential support to the organization’s members. The primary responsibility of the Membership Associate is to support membership processing, data entry, and ongoing responses to customer inquiries. In addition, the Membership Associate is often a first point of contact with the organization: answering calls, responding to general e-mail and web inquiries, and handling postal mail distribution to and from appropriate departments. This position also provides support to other NCSS departments, and handles additional duties as assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Process all membership dues and notices, purchase orders, and the Daily Check Log.
- Maintain a list of standard inquiries received and general responses to them.
- File all general correspondence.
- Track new and renewing members; generate membership contact lists for different departments to use in member and general public outreach.
- Partner with the Membership Program Manager to distribute member resources and other member benefits both in print and electronically.
- Maintain membership brokering and processing files with Affiliated Councils.
- Prepare membership reports as needed for different department and special projects.
- Provide membership and marketing fulfillment duties as assigned.
- Support general administrative duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, business, education, or related field preferred.
- 1-2 years’ experience preferred in a general office environment with data entry and customer service experience.
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills; strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to multi-task, work independently and efficiently under deadlines.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and general knowledge of print and electronic communications resources.
- Knowledge of automated office systems, general office policies and procedures, and filing systems.
- MemberMax and association experience a plus.
This is a non-exempt, full time position of 37.5 hours per week. Salary $35,000-40,000.
To apply, please send cover letter and resumé to firstname.lastname@example.org.