About Online Accounts
Q: How do I access my online account?
Chapter advisors can access their account at www.rhokappa.org. From the left panel, click the link that says ‘Your Rho Kappa Chapter Account’ and enter your username and password.
Q: Why can’t I login?
A: There are three reasons why you might not be able to log in
- You’re attempting to log in to the NCSS website, rather than the Rho Kappa website, which can be found at www.rhokappa.org
- Your account has been closed due to an outstanding invoice. To have your account and chapter reactivated, please pay the outstanding invoice.
- Your login information is incorrect. You can recover your username and password by clicking this link: Reset your username or password
About Rho Kappa Advisor Duties
Q: I’m a chapter advisor who just started a new chapter of Rho Kappa and received our materials in the mail. Now what?
A: Check out the “Getting Started” section of the Welcome Packet on page 4.
Q: How do I submit a membership list?
Q: When should I send in my chapter report?
A: If you induct members in the Fall and Spring, you only need to email us with the completed sheet by the end of the school year.
Q: What do we need to do to retain national affiliation?
A: To remain active, every chapter needs to:
- Have a chapter advisor.
- Induct new members annually.
- Pay a $75 annual renewal fee (the year begins September 1 and ends August 31).
- Submit an annual membership list to email@example.com. Chapter renewal dues and membership lists are due by October 1st of each year. To avoid a delay in the delivery of certificates or other materials, please make plans with your school administrator to submit your dues timely.
Q: If I pay now, what year is my chapter active?
A: The Rho Kappa calendar operates from September 1 through August 31 of the following year. Normally, we process new chapters with the intention that they want to get started right away. However, requests that come in after June 30 are for the following school year. If a payment is received in the months of January to May, we will require that the payment indicate if it is for the current school year, or the next one.
About Obtaining Rho Kappa Supplies
Q: How much are Rho Kappa membership induction fees? What supplies do they include?
A: Each chapter pays an induction fee of $5 for each new member to the national office. The induction fee includes the certificate.
Q: How do I order membership certificates, pins and honor cords?
A: Use the following links to order membership certificates, pins, and honor cords:
*20% discounts are available for bulk orders of 10 or more pins.
Q: How long does it take to receive my order?
A: The answer varies depending on what was ordered. See the information below for more details
Currently, it takes 5-10 business days from the time the order is processed (not requested) to receive an order for certificates. Chapters should take this into consideration when planning induction ceremonies and other chapter activities.
It takes 5 business days to process an order for lapel pins. Chapters should take this into consideration when planning induction ceremonies and other chapter activities.
Honor cords are processed through our vendor, Balfour. Shipping is done at their discretion. Updates on orders can be provided upon request.
Q: Can I purchase honor cords for graduation?
A: Yes, graduating seniors in good standing can show their social studies achievement by wearing Rho Kappa’s braided royal blue and white cords. Chapter advisors can order cords online here or contact our Balfour representative, Patrick Mahoney, directly at Patrick.Mahoney@balfour-rep.com.
About Rho Kappa Logos and Social Media
Q: Can our chapter use the Rho Kappa logo for t-shirts, tablecloths, etc.?
A: Yes, chapter advisors should email firstname.lastname@example.org for approval, and we will send you a file of the high-resolution Rho Kappa images you can use along with a copy of the Rho Kappa Logo Guide. Please follow the guidelines carefully and only use the official logo you receive from NCSS. Unauthorized copying or use of the Rho Kappa logo is prohibited. Only active, alumni, and honorary members are allowed to wear the official logo (Article 13 of the Rho Kappa Constitution).
Q: Is Rho Kappa on social media?
A: Yes, we are! Please follow us:
Q: Can we set up our own social media accounts for our local chapter?
A: Yes, Rho Kappa National Social Studies Honor Society encourages chapters to engage with members and other chapters through social media. Many local chapters choose to create their own social media handles for this purpose. Here are a few tips and guidelines to keep in mind when doing so:
• Tag #RhoKappa in all Rho Kappa National Social Studies Honor Society related posts.
• Rho Kappa chapter handles should only post chapter or social studies-related content.
• Make sure to get the proper parental/school permissions before posting photos of students.
• Be authentic and accurate. Remember to humanize social media interactions, and to make sure you have all of the facts before you post.
• Include citations for quotes, ideas, photos, and videos. If the content is not original, make sure to include a link to the original material.
Other Rho Kappa Questions
Q: Is there a national convention?
A: There is no Rho Kappa convention. However, Rho Kappa is a division of the National Council for the Social Studies, which holds an annual conference for social studies teachers. Rho Kappa will have sessions at the NCSS Annual Conference. For more information on the conference, visit www.socialstudies.org/conference.
Q: Are there any other Rho Kappa chapters in my state?
A: To see a map and a list of current chapters in any state, please visit www.socialstudies.org/rhokappa/chapters. If you do not see your chapter listed on the website, you can email email@example.com.