We are excited that you will be joining us at your first NCSS Annual Conference in San Francisco! Now that you've registered, you may be wondering what to expect. As a conference attendee, you'll experience informative professional development sessions, amazing exhibits, and the best networking with like-minded educators. The tips below will help you have an engaging and enjoyable conference experience.
Before You Go
- Review all of the conference information on our website. You can learn about speakers, pre-conference clinics, tours, special events, and more.
While You're There
- Wear your badge every day. The badge is your pass to all conference sessions, speakers, social events, and the exhibit hall.
- Pick up your Conference Program early. If you've arrived in San Francisco by the late afternoon Wednesday or Thursday, come to NCSS Registration on the first floor of Moscone West to pick up your Conference Program. If you can't arrive until Friday morning, set an early alarm and get to Moscone West well before the first round of sessions begins at 8:45AM. Stopping by early allows you to review all of the information and plot your schedule, so you don't have to spend more time waiting on line in the morning and making rushed decisions about which sessions to attend, or have to miss them because you're waiting in line.
- Visit the NCSS Bookstore. You'll find many valuable resources, including copies of books from the major conference speakers. You can also pick up a complimentary book of your choice in the NCSS Bulletin Series, included in your registration. The bookstore is near NCSS Registration on the first floor of Moscone West.
- Make time to visit the exhibit hall. More than 175 organizations are showcasing their latest social studies products and services. Be sure to block some time to visit the hall and learn about all of the great resources. The exhibit hall is open on Friday from 8:30AM to 6:00PM and Saturday from 8:30AM to 5:00PM.
- Follow NCSS on our social networks. Keep track of all the conference activities on the NCSS Conference back channels.
- Follow NCSS on Twitter and use hashtag #ncss17
- Follow NCSS on Facebook
- Connect with colleagues on Connected, the NCSS online social network
When You Get Home
- Put everything you learned at the conference into practice in your teaching. Share it with your colleagues.
- Follow up with the contacts you made while networking.
- Continue following NCSS on Twitter, Facebook, and Connected.
- Make plans to attend your second conference, the 98th NCSS Annual Conference, November 30-December 2, in Chicago!
Do you have suggestions for your fellow attendees? Please post them in the comments below.