Avoid the Rush and Pick up Your Badge and Materials Early!
The registration and badge printing lines will be busiest on Friday morning between 8:00-10:00 a.m. Wait time could be an hour or more at this time. Registration is open until 6:00 p.m. on Thursday evening, and at 6:30 a.m. on Friday morning. Pick up your badge or materials on Thursday evening, or before you grab your coffee on Friday!
We are excited that you will be joining us at your first NCSS/NCGE/TCSS Annual Conference in Austin! Now that you've registered, you may be wondering what to expect. As a conference attendee, you'll experience informative professional development sessions, amazing exhibits, and the best networking with like-minded educators. The tips below will help you have an engaging and enjoyable conference experience.
Before You Go
- Review all of the conference information on our website. You can learn about speakers, pre-conference clinics, tours, special events, and more.
While You're There
- Wear your badge every day. The badge is your pass to all conference sessions, speakers, social events, and the exhibit hall.
- Pick up your Conference Program early. If you've arrived in Austin by the late afternoon Wednesday or Thursday, come to the registration counters on Level One of the Austin Convention Center, near the corner of 4th & Trinity Streets, to pick up your Conference Program. If you can't arrive until Friday morning, set an early alarm and get to NCSS Registration well before the first round of sessions begins at 9:00AM. Stopping by early allows you to review all of the information and plot your schedule, so you don't have to spend more time waiting on line in the morning and making rushed decisions about which sessions to attend, or have to miss them because you're waiting in line.
- Visit the NCSS Bookstore. You'll find many valuable resources, including copies of books from the major conference speakers. The bookstore is near the registration counters on Level One of the Austin Conventoin Center.
- Make time to visit the exhibit hall. More than 175 organizations are showcasing their latest social studies products and services. Be sure to block some time to visit the hall and learn about all of the great resources. The exhibit hall is open on Friday from 10:30AM to 6:00PM and Saturday from 8:00AM to 4:00PM.
- Follow NCSS, NCGE, and TCSS on our social networks. Keep track of all the conference activities on the NCSS Conference back channels.
- Follow on Twitter and use hashtag #ncss18
- Follow on Facebook
When You Get Home
- Put everything you learned at the conference into practice in your teaching. Share it with your colleagues.
- Follow up with the contacts you made while networking.
- Continue following NCSS on Twitter, Facebook, and Connected.
- Make plans to attend your second conference, the 100th NCSS Annual Conference, December 4-6, in Washington, DC!
Do you have suggestions for your fellow attendees? Please post them in the comments below.