- About NCSS
- Conferences & Professional Learning
- NCSS Annual Conference
- Webinars and Workshops
- Powerful & Authentic Social Studies
- State and Local Conferences
- Get Involved
- Rho Kappa
Emerging Issues in East Asia: Teaching in Changing Times
April 6, 2017 to April 9, 2017
A Conference for Educators
Join educators and Asia scholars to learn more about emerging issues in East Asia. Participants will hear from experts and develop inquiry-based instructional materials on related topics.
- Learn about the key issues in East Asia today such as
- South China Sea
- North Korea
- Asian Economic Miracle
- and Korean War Legacy: South Korea’s Democratization.
- Understand how inquiry can be implemented in your classroom
- Create a resource on East Asia you can use in your classroom
Thanks to the generous support of the Korea Foundation, there is NO COST for conference registration, single occupancy room, and meals.
*Participants are responsible for travel expenses.
The conference is open to K-12 teachers and teacher educators as well as curriculum specialists and developers.
Double Tree Hotel, Crystal City VA
Learn more and register at koreanwarlegacy.org/conference