- About NCSS
- Take Action
- Conferences & Professional Learning
- NCSS Annual Conference
- Registration Information
- Schedule At-A-Glance
- Program Information
- Hotel and Travel
- Exhibiting at the Conference
- Conference Sponsors
- Sponsorship Opportunities
- Conference Scholarships for First-Time Attendees
- Tips for First-Time Attendees
- NCSS Online Learning Center
- Future Conferences
- Webinars and Workshops
- Live Learning Center
- Powerful & Authentic Social Studies
- State and Local Conferences
- NCSS Annual Conference
- Current Publications
- Ordering a Publication
- Submit an Article
- Publications Archive
- Faculty Resources
- Member-Only Resources
- NCSS Books and Bulletins
- Get Involved
- NCSS Associated Groups
- NCSS Special Interest Communities
- NCSS Committees
- NCSS Connected
- NCSS Board Nominations
- Rho Kappa
Resources for Teaching the Constitution
This article is a free PDF. See other Constitution lessons listed in the Table of Contents of that issue. Get access to them all by becoming a member of NCSS.
Resolution and Letter to Congress from the Constitutional Convention-Lee Ann Potter Social Education, September 2005,
The First Act of Congress-Lee Ann Potter Social Education (Nov/Dec 2004).
Lesson Plans on the Constitution-Stacie Fieth and Neil Deason Social Education, September 2005.
- Private v. Public Rights (High School)
- It’s My Right (Middle Grades)
- No Time for Teas (Elementary Grades 35)
Teaching with Documents
The First Page of the Official Journal of the Constitutional Convention—Just the Tip of a Records Iceberg!Lee Ann Potter, Social Education, September 2012
Other Online Resources
- American Bar Association
- Bill of Rights Institute
- Center for Civic Education
- Constitutional Rights Foundation
- EdSitement-National Endowment for the Humanities
- National Archives Foundation Docs Teach
- National Constitution Center
- First Amendment Center
The Constitutional Amendment Process-Kahlil Chism Social Education (Nov/Dec 2005).
The Words We Live By: The Constitution in Context-Linda Monk Social Education (Nov/Dec 2003).
Population Estimates Used by Congress during the Constitutional Convention-Lee Ann Potter Social Education, September 2006.
Constitution Day: Start the School Year with Civics-Eli Lesser Social Education, September 2006
An Internet Guide to Teaching the Constitution-C. Frederick Risinger Social Education, September 2005.
Living Democracy: How Constitution High School Molds Better Citizens-Marc Brasoff Social Education (September 2009).
What Having Students 'Write the Constitution' Taught Me-Thomas Ladenburg Middle Level Learning (May/June 2008).
Frederick Douglass, The Constitution and Slavery: A Classroom Debate-Vanessa Rodriguez Middle Level Learning (September 2008).