Exhibiting at the 2014 NCSS Annual Conference will put you in touch with thousands of classroom teachers, leaders, and other decision makers in social studies education. They will come to learn, gather ideas, and shop. Many will cite the exhibit hall among the conference highlights—creating a prime opportunity for exhibitors to make strong impressions.
The first NCSS conference in Boston in more than 30 years will draw educators from throughout the northeast and across the country, including many attending their first conference, providing exhibiting organizations an important opportunity to develop a lasting, personal relationship.
Exhibiting is easy, effective, and rewarding. Showcase your products. Build relationships with buyers. Network with colleagues. Meet face-to-face with the people who influence decisions and put your products and services to practical use.
Exhibit Hall Hours
John B. Hynes Veterans Memorial Convention Center
Hall C & Auditorium
900 Boylston Street
Boston, MA 02115
Move-in: Thursday, November 20, 8:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m.
Exhibit hall open: Friday, November 21, 9:00 a.m.-5:30 p.m.
Saturday, November 22, 8:30 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
Move-out: Saturday, November 23, 5:15-8:00 p.m.
Sunday, November 23, 8:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m.
Warning! Important Hotel Reservation Information for Exhibitors onPeak is the only official housing company associated with the 2014 NCSS Annual Conference. Official hotels near the Hynes Convention Center have been specially selected for your stay in Boston, and provided to you at exclusive discounted rates. Click here to make your reservation with onPeak.
We have received reports that other companies, such as Trade Show Housing, are posing as official travel vendors for the 2014 NCSS Annual Conference. They are NOT affiliated with it in any capacity. Unofficial vendors cannot provide the same benefits and protection onPeak offers. NCSS only guarantees hotel room rates or availability during the show dates for reservations made through onPeak, the official housing company.
Hotel reservations made outside of the official hotel block can be risky: tradeshows are often uniquely targeted by companies that can put you at risk. In the past, NCSS Conference exhibitors have encountered situations with travel vendors that were either unlicensed or went out of business after taking reservations and deposits, leaving individuals stranded without hotel rooms and transportation, and resulting in lost deposits.
Please do not become a victim of these companies and their scams. If you do choose to book with a vendor not endorsed by the 2014 NCSS Annual Conference, we strongly encourage you to verify their credentials before doing business with them, and then independently confirm that your reservations have in fact been made and will be honored by directly contacting your chosen hotel, airline and/or rental car company.
Prices and Application
Exhibiting at the 2014 NCSS Conference makes good business sense. You'll find
many exciting benefits designed to make your exhibiting experience productive
and profitable. To make it easy for attendees to spend quality time with you,
NCSS has provided attendees with two full days to visit the exhibit hall, and
exclusive exhibits-only time blocks each day.
Booth rental fees are based on location. Please click on the "Floor Plan" tab
to see locations of each floor section.
|Booth Type||For Profit Companies||Non-Profit Organizations|
|10'x10' Section A||
|10'x10' Section B
(Booths 601, 603, 605, 609, 611, 613 are 9'x10')
|10'x10' Section C
(Booth 625 is 9'x10')
|10'x10' Section D
(Booths 114, 116, 118, 120, 128, 130, 132 are 8'x10')
|Tabletop Exhibits (1100 aisle only)||
Booth does not include furniture, and NCSS requires that all booths be
An identification sign will be supplied for all non-island booths. Linear
booths will have an 8' high draped back wall and 36" high side drapes. Booth
carpeting (carpet, wood or other standard floor covering) is mandatory and is
the responsibility of the exhibiting company.
Application for Space
Booth space can be reserved with a 25% deposit if submitted by June 30, 2014,
with a 50% deposit if submitted on or after July 1, 2014. All balances due
must be paid by September 26, 2014. For applications submitted on September 1
or later, payment in full must accompany the contract. No company will be
allowed on the exhibit floor with an outstanding balance due.
All cancellations must be sent in writing to NCSS. A $150 charge will be
assessed for each booth cancelled by August 15, 2014. No refunds will be
given for booths cancelled after August 16, 2014.
Space Assignment Considerations
All booths will be assigned on a first-come, first-served basis, after
providing priority to all conference sponsors. Specific booth assignments may
take into account the amount of space required, exhibiting history, type of
physical exhibit, and product type. Booth space is not guaranteed until
written confirmation is sent by NCSS.
Perks of Exhibiting
- Two complimentary conference registrations per booth, providing your representatives with full access to all conference sessions and functions. Additional registrations may be purchased for $150 each.
- Complimentary listing in the Conference Program
- Back drape (8') and side rails (3')
- One company identification sign (7"x44")
- Access to the exhibitor lounge with complimentary beverage service during select setup and show hours
- Opportunities to present exhibitor sessions
- Sponsorship and discounted advertising opportunities
- 24-hour exhibit hall security
- Opportunities to buy attendee mailing lists for pre-and post-conference marketing.
Not included in booth fee:
- Carpeting (required)
- Furniture rental
- AV equipment and Internet
- Material handling and labor
- Shipping and drayage
- Floral and other services
|2014 NCSS Exhibit Application.pdf||130.79 KB|
|2014 NCSS Exhibitor Personnel Registration Form.pdf||121.35 KB|
NCSS is pleased to offer organizations the opportunity to submit proposals for commercial
presentations during the 94th Annual Conference. Exhibitors may submit
proposals for a one-hour session. Proposals are currently being accepted on a
first-come, first-served basis, on Friday, November 21 and Saturday, November
These sessions are distinct from proposals submitted through the regular NCSS
call for proposals. Commercial solicitation is allowed.
Take this opportunity to showcase your products and services in a custom-built
classroom set on the show floor. Reach current and potential customers with
in-depth information or hands-on instruction in a guaranteed session.
- Sessions are one hour, offered on Friday, November 21 and Saturday, November 22.
- There is no limit to the number of proposals submitted by any one company. Proposals will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis.
- NCSS will provide a custom-built meeting room on an end of the show floor, with theater seating for approximately 75 attendees. A speaker's table with a lectern, speaker system and microphone, and screen, and one table in the back of the room will be included
- Sessions will be listed, with descriptions, in the Conference Program as "Exhibitor Sessions."
- NCSS will include a sign with a daily listing of presentations.
- US$600 (US$300 for non-profit organizations) for a single one-hour session.
- Notification of cancellation must be made in writing and postmarked no later than September 26, 2014 in order to receive a partial refund. In the event of such a cancellation, a $100 service fee will be incurred. If cancellation is made on or after September 27, 2013, no payments will be refunded.
Rooms will be set with a screen, microphone, and speaker system. Exhibitors
are responsible for the cost of any additional audio/visual equipment and must
be selected on the application.
The A/V packages are:
- Screen, and Sound System: no charge
- DVD/VHS Player: $160
- LCD Projector: $125
- Laptop Computer and LCD Projector: $175
- Wired Internet Connection: $30
- All presenters must be fully registered attendees of the NCSS Annual Conference
- Exhibitor agrees to make payment in full upon submission of application
- Exhibitor is responsible for the promotion of session. Advertisements in the Conference Program are welcome.
- Exhibitor is responsible for all fees associated with distributing materials
- Exhibitor is responsible for adhering to the session schedule and clearing the room after the session
Proposals are currently being accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. All proposals must be submitted by October 10, 2014.
To apply, download and complete the Exhibitor Session Proposal form.
Marketing Your Booth
There are many opportunities to enhance your visibility and drive traffic to your exhibit booth. Choose from the following options.
NCSS invites you, a leading education supplier, to collaborate with us, and discover a truly unique opportunity for repeated exposure to thousands of educators. Stand out from the crowd! Sponsorship is your opportunity to gain additional visibility and exposure. Sponsor an event or service at the 93rd NCSS Annual Conference. There are several opportunities to suit your needs and budget, including:
- Photo Booth/Charging Station
- Twitter Video Wall
- Coffee Stations
- Registration Packets
For more information, click here.
Take advantage of low advertising rates in the NCSS Conference Preview and Program.
For more information, click here.
NCSS is pleased to offer you the opportunity to showcase your products and services in a custom-built theater in the exhibit hall.
For more information, click on the "Exhibitor Sessions" tab at the top of this page.
Lead retrieval at the 2014 NCSS Annual Conference is available from Bartizan
Connects, offering the new iLeads App, allowing you to use your iPhone, iPad,
iPod touch, or many Droid devices
Mailing list and e-mail blast options are available through Marketing General.
Tote Bag Inserts
Place a flyer or small brochure in the conference tote bag distributed to all conference attendee.