Exhibiting at the 2013 NCSS Annual Conference will put you in touch with thousands of classroom teachers, leaders, and other decision makers in social studies education. They will come to learn, gather ideas, and shop. Many will cite the exhibit hall among the conference highlights—creating a prime opportunity for exhibitors to make strong impressions. With the theme, “Gateway to the Core of Learning,” the conference will attract thousands of teachers looking for solutions to implement the ELA Common Core Standards for History/Social Studies, and more details on the new C3 Framework for Social Studies State Standards, thereby making the 93rd NCSS Annual Conference a great place to put your new standards-aligned products and services in the hands of eager teachers and education leaders from across the country
Exhibiting is easy, effective, and rewarding. Showcase your products. Build relationships with buyers. Network with colleagues. Meet face-to-face with the people who influence decisions and put your products and services to practical use.
Exhibit Hall Hours
Cervantes Convention Center at America's Center
701 Convention Plaza
St. Louis, MO 63101
Move-in: Thursday, November 21, 8:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m.
Exhibit hall open: Friday, November 22, 9:00 a.m.-5:30 p.m.
Saturday, November 23, 8:30 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
Move-out: Saturday, November 23, 5:15-8:00 p.m.
Sunday, November 24, 8:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m.
Take a tour of America's Center
Thanks to our friends at the St. Louis Convention and Visitors Commission, you can take a virtual tour of America's Center, including Halls 1 and 2 and the area immediately around the Center. Click here to get started.
Prices and Application
Exhibiting at the 2013 NCSS Conference makes good business sense. You'll find
many exciting benefits designed to make your exhibiting experience productive
and profitable. To make it easy for attendees to spend quality time with you,
NCSS has provided attendees with two full days to visit the exhibit hall, and
exclusive exhibits-only time blocks each day.
Booth rental fees are based on location. Please click on the "Floor Plan" tab
to see locations of each floor section.
|Booth Type||For Profit Companies||Non-Profit Organizations|
|10'x10' Section A||
|10'x10' Section B||
|10'x10' Section C||
|10'x10' Section D||
|Tabletop Exhibits (800 aisle only)||
Booth does not include furniture, and NCSS requires that all booths be
An identification sign will be supplied for all non-island booths. Linear
booths will have an 8' high draped back wall and 36" high side drapes. Booth
carpeting (carpet, wood or other standard floor covering) is mandatory and is
the responsibility of the exhibiting company.
Application for Space
Booth space can be reserved with a 25% deposit if submitted by June 30, 2013,
with a 50% deposit if submitted on or after July 1, 2013. All balances due
must be paid by September 27, 2013. For applications submitted on September 1
or later, payment in full must accompany the contract. No company will be
allowed on the exhibit floor with an outstanding balance due.
All cancellations must be sent in writing to NCSS. A $150 charge will be
assessed for each booth cancelled by August 16, 2013. No refunds will be
given for booths cancelled after August 17, 2013.
Space Assignment Considerations
All booths will be assigned on a first-come, first-served basis, after
providing priority to all conference sponsors. Specific booth assignments may
take into account the amount of space required, exhibiting history, type of
physical exhibit, and product type. Booth space is not guaranteed until
written confirmation is sent by NCSS.
Perks of Exhibiting
- Two complimentary conference registrations per booth, providing your representatives with full access to all conference sessions and functions. Additional registrations may be purchased for $150 each.
- Complimentary listing on the NCSS website and in the Conference Preview and Program
- Back drape (8') and side rails (3')
- One company identification sign (7"x44")
- Access to the exhibitor lounge with complimentary beverage service during select setup and show hours
- Opportunities to present exhibitor sessions
- Sponsorship and discounted advertising opportunities
- 24-hour exhibit hall security
- Opportunities to buy attendee mailing lists for pre-and post-conference marketing.
Not included in booth fee:
- Carpeting (required)
- Furniture rental
- AV equipment and Internet
- Material handling and labor
- Shipping and drayage
- Floral and other services (as outlined in the Exhibitor Service information at [www.freemanco.com])
|2013 NCSS Exhibit Application.pdf||59.11 KB|
NCSS is pleased to offer organizations the opportunity to submit proposals for commercial
presentations during the 93rd Annual Conference. Exhibitors may submit
proposals for a one-hour session. Proposals are currently being accepted on a
first-come, first-served basis, on Friday, November 22 and Saturday, November
These sessions are distinct from proposals submitted through the regular NCSS
call for proposals. Commercial solicitation is allowed.
Take this opportunity to showcase your products and services in a custom-built
classroom set on the show floor. Reach current and potential customers with
in-depth information or hands-on instruction in a guaranteed session.
- Sessions are one hour, offered on Friday, November 22 and Saturday, November 23.
- There is no limit to the number of proposals submitted by any one company. Proposals will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis.
- NCSS will provide a custom-built meeting room on an end of the show floor, with theater seating for approximately 75 attendees. A speaker's table with a lectern, speaker system and microphone, and screen, and one table in the back of the room will be included
- Sessions will be listed, with descriptions, in the Conference Program as "Exhibitor Sessions."
- NCSS will include a sign with a daily listing of presentations.
- US$600 (US$300 for non-profit organizations) for a single one-hour session.
- Notification of cancellation must be made in writing and postmarked no later than September 27, 2013 in order to receive a partial refund. In the event of such a cancellation, a $100 service fee will be incurred. If cancellation is made on or after September 27, 2013, no payments will be refunded.
Rooms will be set with a screen, microphone, and speaker system. Exhibitors
are responsible for the cost of any additional audio/visual equipment and must
be selected on the application.
The A/V packages are:
- Screen, and Sound System: no charge
- DVD/VHS Player: $160
- LCD Projector: $125
- Laptop Computer and LCD Projector: $175
- Wireless Internet Connection (available onsite only): $30
- All presenters must be fully registered attendees of the NCSS Annual Conference
- Exhibitor agrees to make payment in full upon submission of application
- Exhibitor is responsible for the promotion of session. Advertisements in the Conference Program are welcome.
- Exhibitor is responsible for all fees associated with distributing materials
- Exhibitor is responsible for adhering to the session schedule and clearing the room after the session
Proposals are currently being accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. All proposals must be submitted by September 20, 2013.
To apply, download and complete the Exhibitor Session Proposal form.
Marketing Your Booth
There are many opportunities to enhance your visibility and drive traffic to your exhibit booth. Choose from the following options.
NCSS invites you, a leading education supplier, to collaborate with us, and discover a truly unique opportunity for repeated exposure to thousands of educators. Stand out from the crowd! Sponsorship is your opportunity to gain additional visibility and exposure. Sponsor an event or service at the 93rd NCSS Annual Conference. There are several opportunities to suit your needs and budget, including:
- President's Reception
- Photo Booth/Charging Station
- Name Badge Holders
- Convention Center Wi-Fi
- Coffee Stations
- Registration Packets
For more information, click here.
Take advantage of low advertising rates in the NCSS Conference Preview and Program.
For more information, click here.
NCSS is pleased to offer you the opportunity to showcase your products and services in a custom-built theater in the exhibit hall.
For more information, click on the "Exhibitor Sessions" tab at the top of this page.
Lead retrieval at the 2013 NCSS Annual Conference is available from Bartizan
Connects, offering the new iLeads App, allowing you to use your iPhone, iPad,
iPod touch, or many Droid devices
Download the order form to see options and pricing.
Mailing list and e-mail blast options are available through Marketing General.
Download the order form to see options and pricing.
Tote Bag Inserts
Place a flyer or small brochure in the conference tote bag distributed to all conference attendee.