- About NCSS
- Take Action
- Conferences & Professional Learning
- NCSS Annual Conference
- Webinars and Workshops
- Live Learning Center
- Powerful & Authentic Social Studies
- State and Local Conferences
- Current Publications
- Ordering a Publication
- Submit an Article
- Publications Archive
- Faculty Resources
- Member-Only Resources
- NCSS Books and Bulletins
- Get Involved
- NCSS Associated Groups
- NCSS Special Interest Communities
- NCSS Committees
- NCSS Connected
- NCSS Board Nominations
- Rho Kappa
Exhibiting at the Conference
Exhibiting at the 2016 NCSS Annual Conference will put you in touch with thousands of classroom teachers, leaders, and other decision makers in social studies education. They will come to learn, gather ideas, and shop. Many will cite the exhibit hall among the conference highlights—creating a prime opportunity for exhibitors to make strong impressions. NCSS returns to Washington, DC, where the conference has always drawn big crowds of eager educators and supervisors looking for the latest products and services in social studies education.
Exhibiting is easy, effective, and rewarding. Showcase your products. Build relationships with buyers. Network with colleagues. Meet face-to-face with the people who influence decisions and put your products and services to practical use.
NOTE: We have received reports that some exhibitors have been contacted by companies representing themselves as the NCSS Housing Bureau. THIS IS A SCAM. No one will ever contact you to make your hotel reservation. The only way to book your room and guarantee your reservation is at www.socialstudies.org/conference/travel
NCSS is pleased to offer organizations the opportunity to submit proposals for commercial presentations during the 96th Annual Conference. Exhibitors may submit proposals for a one-hour session. Proposals are currently being accepted on a first-come, first-served basis, on Friday, December 2 and Saturday, December 3.
These sessions are distinct from proposals submitted through the regular NCSS call for proposals. Commercial solicitation is allowed.
Take this opportunity to showcase your products and services in a custom-built classroom set on the show floor. Reach current and potential customers with in-depth information or hands-on instruction in a guaranteed session.
- Sessions are 60 minutes, offered on Friday, December 2 and Saturday, December 3.
- There is no limit to the number of proposals submitted by any one company. Proposals will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis.
- NCSS will provide custom-built meeting rooms on the show floor, with theater seating for approximately 75 attendees. A speaker's table with a lectern, speaker system and microphone, and screen, and one table in the back of the room will be included
- Sessions will be listed, with descriptions, in the Conference Program as "Exhibitor Sessions."
- NCSS will include a sign with a daily listing of presentations.
- US$750 (US$385 for non-profit organizations) for a single 60 minute session.
- Notification of cancellation must be made in writing and postmarked no later than October 7, 2016 in order to receive a partial refund. In the event of such a cancellation, a $100 service fee will be incurred. If cancellation is made on or after October 7, 2016, no payments will be refunded.
Rooms will be set with a screen, microphone, and speaker system. Exhibitors are responsible for the cost of any additional audio/visual equipment and must be selected on the application.
The A/V packages are:
- Screen, and Sound System: no charge
- DVD/VHS Player: $160
- LCD Projector: $125
- Laptop Computer and LCD Projector: $175
- All presenters must be fully registered attendees of the NCSS Annual Conference
- Exhibitor agrees to make payment in full upon submission of application
- Exhibitor is responsible for the promotion of session. Advertisements in the Conference Program are welcome.
- Exhibitor is responsible for all fees associated with distributing materials
- Exhibitor is responsible for adhering to the session schedule and clearing the room after the session
Proposals are currently being accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. All proposals must be submitted by October 14, 2016.
Exhibiting at the 2016 NCSS Conference makes good business sense. You'll find many exciting benefits designed to make your exhibiting experience productive and profitable. To make it easy for attendees to spend quality time with you, NCSS has provided attendees with two full days to visit the exhibit hall, and exclusive exhibits-only time blocks each day.
Booth rental fees are based on location. Please click on the "Floor Plan" tab to see locations of each floor section.
|Booth Type||For Profit Companies||Non-Profit Organizations|
|10'x10' Section A||
|10'x10' Section B||
|10'x10' Section C||
Booth does not include furniture, and NCSS requires that all booths be carpeted.
An identification sign will be supplied for all non-island booths. Linear booths will have an 8' high draped back wall and 36" high side drapes. Booth carpeting (carpet, wood or other standard floor covering) is mandatory and is the responsibility of the exhibiting company.
Application for Space
Booth space can be reserved with a 50% deposit if submitted by July 1, 2016. Full payment is due if submitted on or after July 2, 2016. No company will be allowed on the exhibit floor with an outstanding balance due.
All cancellations must be sent in writing to NCSS. For cancellations received by July 1, 2016, any money paid beyond 50% of the booth cost will be refunded. No refunds will be given for space cancelled on or after July 2, 2016.
Space Assignment Considerations
All booths will be assigned on a first-come, first-served basis, after providing priority to all conference sponsors. Specific booth assignments may take into account the amount of space required, exhibiting history, type of physical exhibit, and product type. Booth space is not guaranteed until confirmation is sent by NCSS.
Perks of Exhibiting
- Two complimentary conference registrations per booth, providing your representatives with full access to all conference sessions and functions. Additional registrations may be purchased for $150 each.
- Complimentary listing in the Conference Program
- Back drape (8') and side rails (3')
- One company identification sign (7"x44")
- Access to the exhibitor lounge with complimentary beverage service during select setup and show hours
- Opportunities to present exhibitor sessions
- Sponsorship and discounted advertising opportunities
- 24-hour exhibit hall security
- Opportunities to buy attendee mailing lists for pre-and post-conference marketing.
Not included in booth fee:
- Carpeting (required)
- Furniture rental
- AV equipment and Internet
- Material handling and labor
- Shipping and drayage
- Floral and other services
There are many opportunities to enhance your visibility and drive traffic to your exhibit booth. Choose from the following options.
NCSS invites you, a leading education supplier, to collaborate with us, and discover a truly unique opportunity for repeated exposure to thousands of educators. Stand out from the crowd! Sponsorship is your opportunity to gain additional visibility and exposure. Sponsor an event or service at the 96th NCSS Annual Conference. There are several opportunities to suit your needs and budget, including:
- Photo Booth/Charging Station
- Twitter Video Wall
- Coffee Stations
- Registration Packets
For more information, click here.
Take advantage of low advertising rates in the NCSS Conference Preview and Program.
For more information, click here and select the Conference Publications tab.
NCSS is pleased to offer you the opportunity to showcase your products and services in a custom-built theater in the exhibit hall.
For more information, click on the "Exhibitor Sessions" tab at the top of this page.
Lead retrieval at the 2016 NCSS Annual Conference will be available from Bartizan Connects, offering the new iLeads App, allowing you to use your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or many Droid devices.
Order form coming soon.
Mailing list and e-mail blast options are available through Marketing General.
Order form coning soon.
Tote Bag Inserts
Place a flyer or small brochure in the conference tote bag distributed to all conference attendee.
Exhibit Hall HoursWalter E. Washington Convention Center
801 Mount Vernon Place, NW
Washington, DC 20001
Move-in: Thursday, December 1, 8:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m.
Exhibit hall open: Friday, December 2, 8:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m.
Saturday, December 3, 8:30 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
Move-out: Saturday, December 3, 5:15-11:59 p.m.