- About NCSS
- Conferences & Professional Learning
- Get Involved
- Rho Kappa
What are the best resources for teaching about world cultures?
Nancy Gallavan. My favorite resources are
- National Geographic web site
- National Geographic Kids
- Scholastic Books
- American Library Association Great Web Sites for Kids
Teaching world cultures requires teachers to clarify their purpose as to:
- Multicultural Education – learning about the many different cultures and interactions found in the US;
- International Education – learning about the many different cultures and interactions found in countries outside the US and interacting with the US;
- Global Education – learning about topics and issues that impact many citizens around the world, i.e., water, air, equality, safety.