- About NCSS
- Take Action
- Conferences & Professional Learning
- Current Publications
- Ordering a Publication
- Submit an Article
- Publications Archive
- Faculty Resources
- Member-Only Resources
- NCSS Books and Bulletins
- Get Involved
- NCSS Associated Groups
- NCSS Special Interest Communities
- NCSS Committees
- NCSS Connected
- State and Local Councils
- NCSS Board Nominations
- Rho Kappa
HOD 2011 Information for Affiliate Councils
The 55th House of Delegates Assembly will take place Friday, December 2, 2011 and Saturday, December 3, 2011.
Quick HOD Background for New Leaders:
Made up of representatives from state, local and regional councils, as well as NCSS associated groups and communities, the HOD meeting is a forum for social studies leaders from a range of perspectives and places to bring ideas, suggestions and concerns about social studies issues to the attention of the NCSS Board of Directors.
Guidelines for Affiliate HOD Representation:
The number of delegates for each affiliated council in the HOD is determined by joint membership—the number of council members that are also members of NCSS. Councils must verify the number of joint members by submitting a crosschecked roster in addition to the application to be seated. The rubric for HOD representation is below:
Joint Members # of Delegates
(one delegate is assigned for each additional 100 joint members)
1. Delegate Form
2. A list of councils, joint member numbers and the number of delegates each council is eligible for according to affiliation papers for your reference in completing the form.
3. Detailed HOD Historical Background
The delegate form should be submitted to the NCSS office by October 24th. Below is a schedule of events for this year's House of Delegates Assembly.
Friday, December 2, 2011
- New Delegate Briefing, 12:30-1:30 PM
- Registration, 1:45-3:45 PM
- House of Delegates First Session, 3:45-5:45 PM
Saturday, December 3, 2011
- Registration, 7:00-8:00 AM
- House of Delegates Second Session, 8:00-10:30 AM
Our goal is to bring together the most inclusive assembly of social studies leaders, so we strongly encourage each council to participate in the meeting and to send all allotted delegates if possible. Please contact Kristen@ncss.org if you have any questions.