Designed specifically for NCSS Members and Colleagues, NCSS SmartBrief is a free, 3-times-per-week e-mail newsletter. By providing the latest need-to-know industry news and information, NCSS saves you time and keeps you smart. Click here to subscribe.
- Educator: How to improve history instruction
- N.Y. educators share resources, tough questions about teaching about race
- Recent events highlight importance of social studies
- PLCs bring Ind. teachers together
- Maine school to adopt teacher-led leadership model
- Ark. students Skype with Holocaust survivor for project
- How to integrate classroom technology mindfully, purposefully
- Cities seek positive relations for youths, law enforcement
- Mich. 4th-graders brainstorm stadium improvement ideas
- Survey on literacy standard implementation
- Be an NCSS leader! Serve on an NCSS Operations Committee
- All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered; the point is to discover them.
- Va. 5th-graders learn history with video game
- Using student interest, collaborative learning to teach complex texts
- Education Department highlights school, museum partnerships