Designed specifically for NCSS Members and Colleagues, NCSS SmartBrief is a free, 3-times-per-week e-mail newsletter. By providing the latest need-to-know industry news and information, NCSS saves you time and keeps you smart. Click here to subscribe.
- Civil War Day brings reenactments to Ill. middle school
- Wyo. Supreme Court justices field questions from students
- Teacher shares ideas for exploring concepts of Utopia, unintended consequences
- Tips to help manage days when a substitute is needed in class
- What to expect when full Senate debates NCLB rewrite
- Educator: Boost media literacy with study of presidential campaigns
- Curriculum aims to help students excel in the digital world
- Mich. students jump rope for the American Heart Association
- Middle-schoolers use local events as inspiration for argumentative writing
- Webinar Series: Using Multiple Viewpoints and Multiple Perspectives to Study American History
- Upcoming state and regional social studies conferences
- Only a man who knows what it is like to be defeated can reach down to the bottom of his soul and come up with the extra ounce of power it takes to win when the match is even.
- Pa. students to quiz residents, historians in Jeopardy!-style game
- How to handle conferences with parents of struggling students
- How school leaders can support coaching relationships