Designed specifically for NCSS Members and Colleagues, NCSS SmartBrief is a free, 3-times-per-week e-mail newsletter. By providing the latest need-to-know industry news and information, NCSS saves you time and keeps you smart. Click here to subscribe.
- Ind. high-school students interview local WWII veterans for film
- 200 educators attend training to teach about the Holocaust
- Dropping state tests could lead to consequences for Fla. districts
- Tenn. to stay the course with test-based teacher evaluations
- Calif. passes law encouraging schools to teach about Obama's presidency
- How a Minn. teacher uses BYOD with her immigrant students
- Iowa high-school students encouraged to register to vote
- Scientists may have solved mystery behind Death Valley's "sliding rocks"
- Ariz. historian works to restore abandoned Native American cemetery
- Call for members of FASSE Board
- Upcoming state and regional social studies conferences
- SmartBrief will not publish Monday
- A hero is one who knows how to hang on one minute longer.
- Ky. students to research history, future of community
- NBCT: Incorporate educational games in classroom lessons