Designed specifically for NCSS Members and Colleagues, NCSS SmartBrief is a free, 3-times-per-week e-mail newsletter. By providing the latest need-to-know industry news and information, NCSS saves you time and keeps you smart. Click here to subscribe.
- Ill. students to interview veterans, record stories for state history project
- Atlanta school embraces field trips as experiential learning
- Dozens of resources to help teachers lead design-thinking movement
- White House budget includes more Race to the Top, universal preschool
- College Board partners with Khan Academy on new SAT
- A teacher's guide to Twitter, Instagram and more
- Students explore passions, interests with self-directed learning, YouTube
- N.Y. high school provides "hands-only CPR" training to all students
- S.D. 8th-graders campaign against the "R-word"
- Upcoming NCSS Tuesday Webinar
- Social Studies for the Next Generation: Purposes, Practices, and Implications of the College, Career, and Civic Life (C3) Framework for Social Studies State Standards
- Opportunity is sometimes hard to recognize if you're only looking for a lucky break.
- N.C. 8th-graders research local history for book project
- How to make "living history" lessons academically meaningful
- How all teachers can integrate music in lessons