- About NCSS
- Conferences & Professional Learning
- NCSS Annual Conference
- Webinars and Workshops
- Powerful & Authentic Social Studies
- State and Local Conferences
- Get Involved
- Rho Kappa
Upcoming NCSS & Affiliate Council Events
Feb 24Rehoboth Beach, Delaware
Feb 25Reno, Nevada
Feb 26Mankato, Minnesota
Mar 02Greensboro, North Carolina
Mar 03Sacramento, California
Mar 04Las Vegas, Nevada
Mar 09Gatlinburg, Tennessee
Mar 10Macomb, Illinois
Latest Career Center Postings
- Instructor, Linguistic Anthropology | University of Colorado, Colorado Springs
- Middle School History Teacher | Presbyterian School
- Early Elementary Teacher (Openings in Grades 1-3) | Beauvoir, the National Cathedral Elementary School
- Livestock Specialist (Extension Support Specialist II - Cooperative Extension); Central New York | Cornell University
- Philosophy Instructor | State Center Community College District
Top News from NCSS
Education News from NCSS Smartbrief
Designed specifically for NCSS Members and Colleagues, NCSS SmartBrief is a free, 3-times-per-week e-mail newsletter. By providing the latest need-to-know industry news and information, NCSS saves you time and keeps you smart. Click here to subscribe.
- N.Y. students paint Erie Canal's history
- Build students' savvy about advertisements
- What to consider to give PLNs a boost
- Study: Teacher collaboration affects achievement
- Key tips for teachers from TCEA
- Students use AI to bring history to life
- Ways to keep learning during snow days
- Empathy campaign adopted in Conn. district
- How do children learn social bias?
- Conference proposal deadline Feb. 27
- Webinar -- Teaching the Racial/Cultural Identity Model using the film "Malcolm X"
- Age is opportunity no less than youth itself.
- How to teach system of checks and balances
- Media literacy lessons address fake news
- DeVos discusses what's next for Education Dept.