Designed specifically for NCSS Members and Colleagues, NCSS SmartBrief is a free, 3-times-per-week e-mail newsletter. By providing the latest need-to-know industry news and information, NCSS saves you time and keeps you smart. Click here to subscribe.
- Using structured choices to help students write a history essay
- Md. middle-school students pay virtual visit to Colonial Williamsburg
- Minn. social studies students write about their defining moments
- Educator shares why he gives students a second chance to succeed
- Study: Teacher-training programs are lacking on "Big Five" management strategies
- Ohio district makes technology training a top priority
- "Viral" lessons help N.C. students learn digital safety
- City council meeting becomes classroom for Ind. high-school students
- Calif. students paint address numbers to help emergency crews
- Social Studies for the Next Generation: Purposes, Practices, and Implications of the College, Career, and Civic Life (C3) Framework for Social Studies State Standards
- Get connected
- Everyone complains of his memory, and no one complains of his judgment.
- History lessons shared via musical production in Neb. elementary school
- Pa. 6th-graders create paper pharaohs after studying Egypt
- Calif. teacher: Current events belong in all classrooms