Designed specifically for NCSS Members and Colleagues, NCSS SmartBrief is a free, 3-times-per-week e-mail newsletter. By providing the latest need-to-know industry news and information, NCSS saves you time and keeps you smart. Click here to subscribe.
- Maine middle-schoolers find 18th-century Dutch coin during excavation
- Pa. high school uses mosaics to teach across subjects
- Resources, videos for teaching spoken-word poetry
- Ideas for teachers to take charge of their PD
- How teachers can tailor their messages to peer audiences
- States show increased interest in digital learning, report finds
- Colo. students visit senior center to interview veterans for history project
- Ill. students help clean cemetery's grounds, conduct research
- Ohio students harvest their vegetables for Passover meals
- Webinar: Integrating Map Tools in the Social Studies Classroom -- April 22
- Inspiration for My Colleagues: Social Studies is Everywhere!
- I am more afraid of an army of 100 sheep led by a lion than an army of 100 lions led by a sheep.
- Consider students' interests, real-world scenarios when creating history lessons
- Spring-inspired classroom lessons
- Expanding Earth Day projects beyond April 22